home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

August 31, 2012

August Favourites, 2012

August have been a fairly average month for me. When I When I say it was average I don't mean it was bad, I just mean nothing momentous happened (well, that I can remember..). I've been getting stuck into a couple of assignments lately, meaning I haven't had as much time for friends, which isn't fun. I guess the silver lining is that it's all over at the end of this semester. YAY!

Anyway, I'm sure you all don't care about my fun life. Let's get into my beauty favourites! I haven't tried many products this semester, so I'm actually surprised with the number of products I managed to rustle up. 

This month I've really been enjoying my foundation combination and foundation routine in general.  I've been using a sample from my June Bellabox, Benefit's The POREfessional, as my foundation primer. Combining MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 and NARS Mont Blanc foundation gives me the perfect colour and coverage. In July I hauled one of my newest beauty investments, Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray, and I'm absolutely loving it. Stay tuned for a review. Click here to check out my updated foundation routine. 

The L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows have been some of my favourite this month, especially Sahara Treasure and Endless Chocolate. The pigmentation and staying powder of these eyeshadows are absolutely incredible, as well as the smooth formula. For a tutorial using Sahara Treasure and Endless Chocolate, click here.

Although my Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara is still a big winner, I finally feel like I've found some competition for my best mascara award. What mascara, you may ask? Maybelline Falsies Flared! I absolutely hated my last Maybelline mascara, One by One, but I am loving this one. When I finish it, however, I won't be repurchasing it for a while because I have a number of Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara waiting to be used, so it doesn't make sense.  

This month I hit pan on my favourite bronzer, NARS' Laguna. This is an exciting feat for me, given that I have sooo many products that I use, and indicates how much I love it. Once again, I can be seen using the product in my UPDATED Foundation Routine. I will also be reviewing this product very soon.

For the last year or so, I've been gravitating towards lip sticks as opposed to lip glosses, but they're making a come back! For some reasons I've just really been loving lip gloss this month. My favourites this month have been 
  • MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Lightly Prancing
  • Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Naked Plum
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in #002 Crystal Lilac
  • Saucy Sweethearts Rockabetty Lip Gloss in Single White Female
These lipglosses are all fairly nude colours (nothing too bright), but are all very different and all equally as beautiful. I had a NARS order arrive today and, although I have only applied it one, I can tell that one of my newest newest NARS addition, the Larger Than Life lipgloss in Piree, is going to be a definite favourite. It's such a beautiful colour!

Last but not least, I've really been loving painting my nails this month. As you saw in my Goodbye, Black Nail Polish post, I made a conscious decision to say goodbye to black nail polish and hello to brighter, more fun colours. There are a number of beautiful nail polishes that I've been loving this month, by my favourites have to be the Spring/Summer 2012 Pretty Pastels collection from Ulta3. Each colour is absolutely beautiful and has great staying power. What more could you want? 

That's all my favourites this month, ladies and gents! I decided to structure the post a little different this month, explaining why I'm loving what I'm loving. What do you think? Do you prefer my favourites posts the other way? As always, what have been your favourites this month? Let's share and care!

Click here to enter my Saucy Sweethearts bath and body giveaway! 

Also! Don't forget to 'like' Born to Buy's Facebook page. I'm often hosting spot giveaways on the page and I'd hate for you to miss out!

Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Have you got a request for a post? Click here.
Got a question for me? Click here.
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart