home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

July 04, 2015

#CAREFORYOURHAIR | Leave-In Hair Treatments and Oils

I am so unkined to my hair. No really, I am. I dye it, a lot. I've been so many colours, many of which have involved bleaching. I also used to heat style it a hell of a lot too but I don't as much these days, mainly because I'm pretty lazy and throwing it up in a bun is so much easier.

With all that in mind, leave in treatments and hair oils really are my best friend. Unless I'm really committed to testing a hair conditioner, I struggle to wash my hair without treating my mid lengths and ends to some sort of treatment. 


Now that we've talked through the best of the best of the shampoo and conditioner world (in my humble opinion), let's look at how we can treat our hair post shower! 

Leave-in hair treatments (or leave-in conditioners, as they're sometimes know as) are products applied to damp dairy after it's washed and they truly can be wonder products. A 'good' leave-in treatment will help to detangle the hair, making the whole hair brushing process so much easier. Depending on the product, it may also do a number of other things but it's important that it is lightweight in the hair as it will not be washed out until the next time you fully wash your locks. 
I've said it so many times now, but Aveda is one of my all time favourite haircare brands. When I'm not testing out leave in hair products, I guarantee I'll be using a combination of the Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair and their Color Conserve Daily Color Protect. Previously I used one or the other, but a hairdresser recommended I use them together a few years ago. The Damage Remedy product works well to repair the hair from the inside out, whilst the Color Conserve one makes it a lot easier to manage and brush out. These two really are a dream team and I absolutely love the combination.

 For a luxe leave-in treatment, I cannot look past the Shu Uemura Ultimate Remedy Extreme Restoration Duo Serum*. As the name suggests, it's a dual phase hair product that does a fantastic job of reducing frizz and softening the hair. It also makes it so much easier to brush! 

Hair oils are a type of leave in treatment. Oils have so many hair benefits but just to name a few, they seal the cuticle and the fatty acids help to replace lipids. I'm sure you've heard Moroccan Oil and Macadamia Oil hair oils, but two of my favourites are the Kerastase Elixir K Ultime Beautifying Hair Oil* and the Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil. Both oils smell beautiful and leave my hair feeling and looking soft. I'll often layer an oil over my creme hair product for a more intensive treatment. 

All in all, leave-in hair treatments are one of my favourite haircare products and I really cannot stress the importance of a good one. Whether a creme or an oil fan, there's definitely a product out there for you. I know the products featured in this post aren't cheap, but they're honestly what I use. I've used some great affordable leave-in treatments in the past, I just don't have them anymore. If you want recommendations, tweet me or ask in a comment on an Instagram picture and I'll be sure to get back to you!


What are your favourite leave-in conditioners? 

*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review 

2 comments :

  1. I love hair oils. They make such a huge difference to your hair. Lately I've been loving prewash treatments. I pop one on when I get up and then wash it out when I have a shower. It's made a huge difference to the health of my hair.

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart