home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

June 23, 2015

Marie Claire The Parcel | Winter Edit, 2015

If you know me personally (though I'm sure I've talked about it here before), you'll know that winter is my favourite time of the year. I love the make up, the fashion and, more than anything, the weather. With all that in mind, I've been really keen to get my winter edit to of The Parcel from Marie Claire; I've been really interested in seeing what they included. 


My box arrived on Friday, four days after I received my shipping notification from Australia Post, and now it's time to share the contents of the box! 


John Frieda Beach Blonde Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo, Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner and Ocean Waves Sea-Salt Spray
Not just for blondes or summer, anyone can get gorgeous beachy waves all years thanks to this three-step regimen. We love the cult Sea-Salt Spray - back due to popular demand - with its incredible hair-tousling formula.
My hair has so much natural texture so products like this sometimes take it too far but I'll definitely give them a shot. I'm not sure how the shampoo and conditioner will go, as it may be too much, but I never look past a sea salt spray. If I don't like, I'll pass it on to my best friend who might appreciate a smaller one for when he travels. 


Woolworths Select Quick & Easy Nail Polish 30 Removal Wipes
There are no excuses for chipped nails. Remove old varnish on the go with these easy-to-use wipes. Free from acetone and scented with aloe vera, they're perfect for the gym or handbag.
The Maybelline Express Nail Polish Remover is my favourite way to remove polish but I'll definitely give these a shot. I've never been overly fond of removal wipes I've tried in the past as most leave an oily residue but I'll definitely given them shot!

OPI Nail Lacquer in A Grape Affair
Inject a bit of fun into your winter wardrobe with a slick of new polish. We've chosen a great range of shades for you from OPI's 50 Shades of Grey, Coca-Cola or classic collections.
The dark purple shade I received is absolutely beautiful and the perfect addition to a winter subscription box. I can confirm that this shade is part of the Coca-Cola collection (inspired by Grape Fanta), as I wrote a post about the whole collection here. Given that I don't need two, I'll gift this one on to someone else. 


Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid 
Replenish chapped lips on the go with this rich, whipped lanolin treatment. With more than 70 per cent ultra medical grade lanolin to soften lips, and organic lemon oil to naturally exfoliate - your pout is left feeling fresh, soft and supple. Stash it in your tote this winter and enjoy its refreshing lemon 'zing' flavour.
I have heard really great things about Lanolips lip products but, for some reason, never given them a try. I used to have a huge tube of Lanolin that I'd use on dry lips/any other dry skin, so I'm really excited to see how this goes! 

Estee Lauder Revitalising Supreme Global Anti-Ageing Creme
With the cooler weather here and heating turned up high, it's time to look at shaking up your skincare routine. This super-luxe cream from Estee Lauder works to soften skin, smooth skin and boost luminosity - all while working on your specific anti-ageing concerns. Use day and night after cleansing. 
This is the second time we've received an Estee Lauder sample in our Marie Claire The Parcel box and I really like the concept. I probably wouldn't use it though, as I'm quite happy with my skincare routine, but I'm sure there's someone I can happily pass it on to.

L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes So Couture 
Bat a fuller flutter with Volume Million Lashes So Couture, the latest addition to L'Oreal Paris' Volume Million Lashes franchise. Delivering clean, clump-free volume and the finest silky formula, the prices brush has 408 mini bristles to capture and extend each individual lash. Position the wand at the roots and zigzag to the tips to amp up the glamour.
This is the second time I've received a mascara in my Marie Claire The Parcel. You're meant to rotate your mascara every three months so the idea of receiving a new one in a seasonal box makes total sense. I love the Max Factor mascara we were sent last time, so let's see how this compares! 


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask for Intense Hydration and Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Take some time out to treat your skin with a hydrating mask. We know you love the wipes as much as we do, so we've included them again to help you prep the skin before your mask.
As the description above suggests, we received the Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes in the last box also. In terms of facial wipes, there are nice ones but I don't like wipes in general so I'll probably pass them on. We could all do with a little more hydration in our lives, however, so I'm really excited to give the Hydro Boost Mask a go! We received three of the sheet masks in the box too, which is a bonus. 


That's everything that I received in my winter edit of The Parcel from Marie Claire. When I uploaded my last post I predicted that the box would feature a dark/berry lip but, alas, I was wrong. I'm really happy with the selection of products available in this box, with my favourites probably being the L'Oreal Paris mascara, OPI nail polish (even though I have the shade) and Neutrogena hydrating face mask. I'm also looking forward to testing out the Lanolips product!

I think this box was pretty great value, considering it was only $25.00! I worked it out and the value of the box is just over $120.00, so I really couldn't go wrong! 


What do you think of The Parcel? Would you consider subscribing? What's your favourite beauty subscription service? 
Also, have you tried any of these products before? Let me know what I need to test first! 

3 comments :

  1. This boks looks like amazing value for the price. Love the products too. I love the nail polish remover wipes for on the go !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute box full of goodies!
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad that they screwed up my subscription and I missed out on this box! I'm still deciding if I will sign up again for the next one! It does look like a good one though!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart