home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

March 23, 2015

PRICELINE 40% OFF MAKE UP SALE | What I recommend and what I want

Everyone loves a good beauty sale and there's not many that are as good as the annual 40% off sales from Priceline. On the 24th and 25th of this month (so tomorrow and the day after) they'll be having a 40% off make up promotion so I thought I'd share what I recommend you pick up, as well as what I'll be hunting down. 

To see my top Priceline picks, keep reading! 

There are a few affordable foundations that I quite like but none come close to the Innoxa Renew Age Erase Serum Foundation* or Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-1 Foundation. The Innoxa foundation has great coverage and a beautiful finish that lasts, while the Covergirl foundation is super long wearing and really light texture. The L'Oreal True Match Concealer is a beautiful do-it-all concealer which is perfect for under the eyes, on blemishes or any other discolouration and it's one that I think will work well on any skin time.  Australis' AC ON TOUR Contouring & Highlighting Kit* has been super hyped about in the beauty community so, if you've been thinking about checking it out, now's the time!
The Australis AC/ME Metallic Finish Eyeshadows have a unique texture (much like those of the ColourPop shadows) and they come in three stunning shades. They were a limited edition product but I'm still seeing them around so I highly recommend you check out any of the three shades available. On the topic of eyeshadows, there are beautiful products available from Essence and L'Oreal. For a beautiful quality at an affordable price point, the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows are the way to go. They have an amazing texture, incredible pigmentation and really are an honestly beautiful product. If the MAC Pressed Pigments appeal to you, the Essence Metal Glam Eyeshadows* might tickle your fancy. Finally for eyeshadows, the Essence Mono Eyeshadows are super affordable as it is and I'd highly recommend them, especially #58 Cappuccino Please. 

Also for the eyes, there are a few eyeliners that I'm really fond of. I only have two of the Models Prefer Infinite Colour Eye Pencils but I'm so impressed by them that I really want to pick up more. They're long wearing, so smooth to apply and they really feel like a high quality product. I keep one of the Rimmel London Exaggerate Auto Waterproof Eye Definers in #213 In The Nude in my handbag to touch up during the day, a tip that I'd recommend to anyone. If liquid liner is more your thing, don't look past the Maybelline Master Precise Liner. This liner is one of the best felt tipped liquid eyeliners I've ever tried and, at under $15.00 full price, it's a steal!


If you're wanting to pick a new mascara in the sale, the Rimmel London Wonder'full Mascara with Argan Oil* is an absolute winner. It creates beautiful looking lashes and is so easy to remove.

Long wearing lip products aren't normally my thing but the Rimmel London Provocalip 16HR Lip Colours* are great. They're long wearing without feeling comfortable or over drying on the lips. If long wearing isn't really your thing, there are a few lipsticks I'd recommend; Essence's Longlasting Lipsticks for the great range and lovely formula, plus Australis' Go Long Longwear Lipstick in Preppy* and Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipstick in As You Want Victoria*, two absolutely beautiful shades. Chubby lip products are everywhere at the moment and, by far, my favourites are the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Colour Rush Intense Colour Balms*. They're available in a range of stunning shades and feel amazing on the lips. 
Finally, let's talk nails because I always take advantage of the fact that nail products are included in the sale. Essie has quickly become one of my favourite nail brands so I thought I'd start with them. There are two Essie nail care products that I recommend religiously, the Grow Stronger Nail Care and Good To Grow Top Coat. I also really love their nail colours and you can check out my collection (though I has grown a bit recently) here. Other great affordable nail polishes are the Essence Colour & Go Nail Polishes and L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Vernis*. If, like me, you hate waiting for nail polish to dry, you might like the Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops. I don't use them often as most colours I wear tend to dry quite quickly, but I'm always impressed when I do use it. Removing nail polish can be a total bitch but the Maybelline Express Remover makes the whole process so much easier. L'Oreal makes a similar product now too - I've not tried it but I'm sure it's just as good! 

Phew, that was a long one. I know not all the products will appeal to everyone, but I really gave my make up collection and overhaul to pull out the best of the best to recommend for y'all. 

As for me? I really want to pick up the Covergirl Bombshell Shine Eyeshadows in Gold Goddess and Copper Fling, Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Melted Caramel Flame and Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow in Copper. 


Terrible photos of the products I'll be staking out tomorrow

If you made it to the end of this post, thank you. You deserve a medal.

What will you be picking up? Is there anything else I should check out?

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin' | Pinterest

*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart