home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

January 26, 2015

By Terry Ombrè Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow Review and Swatches

A few weeks ago I was having a swatch-fest in Mecca Cosmetica, as every beauty lover does, when I found myself at the By Terry display. By Terry is a brand I've never really tried, purely because I can't justify the price tag, but I've great things about their products, especially their Ombrè Black Star Cream Eyeshadows. To curb my curiosity, I swatched a few of the Ombrè Black Star Cream Eyeshadows and instantly fell in love. The texture, the colours, the lasting power; it was all beautiful and I was totally smitten. 

Flash forward a mere few weeks and I've added four By Terry Ombrè Black Star Cream Eyeshadows to my make up collection and I couldn't love them more, not even if I tried. 

The By Terry Ombrè Blackstar Cream Eyeshadows are wind up cream eyeshadow crayons that are an absolute dream to use. They are so smooth in texture, applying like an absolute dream, and to contain an ultra-smoothing Tahitian pearl extract which is said to create the beautiful reflective/shimmer effect that all of the shades I own have. From what I can tell, there are 13 shades currently, most of which are shimmery, though there are a few mattes available 

 By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #4 Bronze Moon | By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #5 Misty Rock | By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #6 Frozen Quartz | By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #15 Ombre Mercure

These cream eyeshadows are the longest wearing products of this type I've ever tried, lasting all day on the eyelid or when swatached on my hand; seriously, you'll need a make up remover to remove a swatch. Every single colour I own looks amazing on the lids (you can see how I use #5 Misty Rock in this post here) and they work really well on their own, layered or as a base for powder products! The By Terry Ombrè Blackstar Cream Eyeshadows are so versatile, beauty a lazy girl's best friend on basic make up days, as well as amping up a nighttime look to create something so much more dramatic. When used, they blend out really nicely and the super shimmery formula brightens up the most basics of eye looks. There is honestly nothing more I could say about these beauties!  

If you want to treat yourself, jump on the By Terry Ombrè Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow train. At $56.00 a pop at Mecca Cosmetica here in Australia, they certainly are an investment, but if you're a beauty lover, or someone wanting to splurge, I know you won't be disappointed! 

Have you ever tried the By Terry Ombrè Blackstar Cream Eyeshadows? What do you think of the shades I've picked up? What's your favourite cream eyeshadow also?

1 comment :

  1. The Bronze Moon shade looks amazing! I definitely be saving up for one of these! x

    doseofwardrobe.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart