home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

November 10, 2014

Shu Uemura Art of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Conditioner* Review

When I have been sent a product to review I generally won't put it to the test until I've photographed it. After all, I figure the least I can do after I've been gifted a product is photograph it in its best condition. Anyway, my point is I was really excited when I opened my mail a while ago to find the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Conditioner* waiting for me so I decided I'd give it one shot, take it straight out of my shower and photograph. Sounds easy, no? Fast forward about two months and I have honestly been loving the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Conditioner* so much that I could not bear to take it out of my shower in case I forgot to put it back in. 

To see why I love this, keep reading!

In short, the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Conditioner* are both really great. They are a line of silicone and paraben free hair products designed to leave hair feeling weightless, soft, detangled and moisturised. This is also one of the first haircare lines that I feel lives up to each and every claim. That never happens!

The Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo* is a lightweight shampoo that is so lovely to use. It has a thick oily texture to it, much like the Kerastase Elixir K Ultime Sublime Cleansing Oil Shampoo*, but foams really nicely on contact with water. I don't know about you, but I seriously don't feel like my hair is getting clean unless foam and/or bubbles involved. It leaves the hair feeling clean without being squeaky or dry, yet somehow seems to moisturise it. I also find that it cleans my roots really nicely, something that I find most lightweight/hydrating shampoos don't do. 

Whilst I really like the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo*, I am completely in love with the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Conditioner*. This conditioner is absolutely beautiful. It smooths and detangles my unruly hair so nicely and makes it so much easier to brush out post hair wash (with my Wet Brush, of course) which is always great! My hair is quite damaged and I find that the ends always feel super dry on the second and/or third day, regardless of what I use. When I use the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Conditioner*, however, my hair feels smooth and is more manageable until I wash it next. Huzzah! It has a really lightweight texture, much like the shampoo, and I tend to just leave it on as long as I can whilst I do everything else I need to in the shower.

The packaging on these products are great! I absolutely detest hair products that come in posts (and tubes aren't much better, to be honest) so the fact that the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Conditioner* both come with pumps is great! I wish the conditioner bottle was transparent so you could see how much conditioner you have left but, really, I'm just being picky!

Let's be real for a second, the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Conditioner* are expensive. They aren't cheap and, to be honest, a part of me was wishing that I didn't love them because it's definitely not a habit I can keep up! The shampoo retails for $57.00 for 400ml and the conditioner is $58.00 for a 250ml bottle. As I say, I completely understand that these products aren't cheap but, honestly, I believe that are totally worth it. If you have dry, unruly or difficult to manage hair (as well as any other hair type, really), I would highly recommend this duo! 

Have you tried this or any other product from the Shu Uemura Art of Hair line? I definitely want to put a few other products to the test!


*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review

2 comments :

  1. Great review! I am on the hunt for moisturising shampoo & this might be something to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love Shu Uemura~ ^ v ^
    But I have not tried their Hair products before! ^ 3 ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart