home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

October 31, 2014

Monthly Beauty Favourites | October 2014

I am really happy to report that October has been a fantastic beauty month for me. I have been sent some absolutely amazing new releases, as well as rediscovered some total winners in my collection, which has made for some really inspired make up looks. I've found myself looking forward to applying my make up a lot this month which is so refreshing and something that I absolutely love. I really hate when getting ready and putting my face on becomes a chore, don't you? 

I have fallen head over heels in love with two face products lately and found myself actually looking forward to using them as part of my make up routine! The Innoxa Renew Age Erase Serum Foundation* is light enough to suit me, has great coverage and, best of all, lasts on my combination/oily skin. Benefit's The POREfessional Shine Vanishing Pro Powder* is honestly one of the best setting powders I've ever tried. It blurs out pores and imperfections, sets make up beautifully and controls oil! Finally for the face, I was looking for something to conceal the darkness on the inner corners of my eyes when I rekindled my love for the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser in Brightener. I don't use it all over the under eye area, rather patting it near the inner corners of my eye, but it does a beautiful job of brightening and neutralising. 


I dug out my Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette this month and I am so happy that I did. I have been wanted to do a review of this but I feel like it'll be a bit redundant as they have repackaged the pallet and switched out a few of the shades. Either way, this palette is really beautiful and I love all the shades in it. I won't write a review but I might work on a Face of the Day post with is so you can see it in action. Two lash products have absolutely stood out to me this month. I honestly wasn't sure if I'd like the Urban Decay Subversion Eyelash Primer but, let me tell you, I absolutely love it. This lash primer adds volume and length to the lashes but doesn't make them clumpy or spidery. Rimmel London's Wonder'full Mascara with Argan Oil* is another lash winner. This mascara adds a lot of length to the lashes, as well as a decent amount of volume, making them look natural but dramatic, if that even makes sense. This works great alone or on top of the lash primer. 

I pulled out the Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake because I wanted to use it as part of The Beauty Diet but, in the process, I became really fond of it. It's the kind of pink shade that I absolutely love and I'm actually pretty sad that I've finished it. Innoxa's Limited Edition Radiant Orchid Satin Sheen Lipstick* has also been an absolute favourite but I, stupidly, forgot to include it in the photo above. Oh well, I have included a swatch below. 

Innoxa's Limited Edition Radiant Orchid Satin Sheen Lipstick*
Urban Decay Subversion Eyelash Primer with Rimmel London's Wonder'full Mascara with Argan Oil* on top


As you can see, there's a good mix of new and old favourites in this month's post and I would highly recommend every single thing that I've mentioned today. I have also been loving a shampoo and conditioner duo but I'm not talking about that yet as my review is coming really soon.

I am trying to be a lot more creative as I experiment with products and looks so expect to see more photos of me on the blog, whether that's in Face of the Day posts or as part of another post. If there's any sort of look that you'd like me to recreate, or a certain product that you'd like me to use/review, please let me know! 

What do you think of this month's favourites? Have you tried any of these products? 
If you have any requests, don't forget to let me know.


*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review

3 comments :

  1. I've been eyeing the Benefit Porefessional Powder for a while now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Faced makes the most beautiful Eyeshadow Palettes! ^ v ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely favourites! The Innoxa foundation really does sound amazing - I've actually never tried anything from them. I should check out their stuff! The UD lash primer seems awesome! Would definitely help out my suck, straight, sparse lashes haha.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart