home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

October 24, 2014

FOTD // Makeup Geek Shadows and Radiant Orchid Lips

The other day I was getting ready to head out when, being the savvy blogger that I am, I decided to photograph my face and turn it into a Face of the Day post. I've been really loving my Make Up Geek eyeshadows lately, as well as my Innoxa Limited Edition Radiant Orchid Satin Sheen Lipstick*, so I thought it was a great way to show everything off! 

I cheated a little bit all included my whole base routine in another post. To see how I got from my naked face to the one above, click here and read the first post in my Ace Your Base series. 


On a large duo fibre brush I buffed NARS' Laguna Bronzer around the perimeter of the face to warm things up and then I contoured with the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. I'm trying to fall in love with NARS' Orgasm Powder Blush so I dusted in onto the cheeks too. I tend to have a light have with blush because my cheeks are naturally quite pigmented so I don't like it to compete. 

I've been getting back into my Anastasia Brow Wiz Skinny Brow Pencil in Medium Ash. I have been trying to use this up as a part of my Beauty Diet but I'm torn because I also really like it. Oh, the dilemmas. Lucky I have a back up, eh? 

I started off my eye look by buffing Makeup Geek Beaches & Cream into the crease and up towards the brow bone. It makes the perfect transitional colour. The main colour on my lids is a combination of Makeup Geek Prom Night and Makeup Geek Homecoming. I picked up both on my brush and once and dusted it all over the lid, going back in and patting a bit of Prom Night on the middle of the lid. Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma is the most beautiful frosted champagne shade so it's only natural that I used it to highlight my inner corner, right? Finally, to add some dimension, I worked Makeup Geek Latte into my crease and Makeup Geek Unexpected into my outer corner! 

This is a no liner look but, of course, I needed a bit of mascara so I reach for my Benefit They're Real Mascara! I really like this mascara and can definitely see what all the fuss is about. From the photos above I can see that I've used MAC's Choromographic Pencil in NW15/NC20 on my waterline but I didn't include that in the image. Oops.

My lips are one of the only lip colours I've worn recently, Innoxa Limited Edition Radiant Orchid Satin Sheen Lipstick*. This lip colour is just amazing and I highly recommend you pick it up while it's available. 


I've probably included one too many photos of myself in this post but, I'll be honest, I really love this look. I love how defined my eyes are and I think the lip colour looks amazing, both just because of it's colour and the way it works with these eyeshadows. 

What do you think of this post and of Face of the Day posts in general? Is there a specific look you'd like to see me create or product you'd like me to use? Please let me know! 


*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review

1 comment :

  1. The blush looks great on you and I love Shimma Shimma!

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart