home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

October 27, 2014

Emptying the Trash and Beauty Diet Update // October 2014

At the start of this month I honestly didn't think my October empties post would be very big. I wasn't halfway through many products (that I knew of) and I didn't have myself set on finishing anything. Fast forward about 25 days and, somehow, I've managed to accumulate a huge amount of products to show y'all today. Sure, some of that has to do with the fact that I did another product cull/share but still. 

I have a selection of hair, skin, make up and body to share with you guys so let's get into it!


Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge
I'm not even going to talk about this. At this point, everyone knows I love it. In case you've been living under a rock, here's my review.
Would I repurchase it? Oh girl, you know it.


Dove Pink Roll On Deodorant 
This is the same deodorant that I have used for years because I really like it. It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't linger and interfere with fragrances and it gets the job done!
Would I repurchase this? I always do!

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel
I bought this when every YouTuber was raving about the Satsuma scent. I really, really liked it so I decided to buy the biggest bottle. Ever. Good in theory but, in execution, it was hell to use up. I got sick of it and the tube from the pump broke so in the end I was pouring it out.
Would I repurchase it? If the scent is released again I definitely would but in a smaller size

Vitality Espresso Colour Conditioner in Red
This has been sitting in my shower empty for quite some time. I use this product whenever I dye my hair a bright colour as it's so effective. 
Would I repurchase? My hair isn't a bright colour anymore but I definitely would if I need it. It's a really great product. 
 Glam Glow Youthmud Tingle Exfoliating Mask
I bought this thinking it was the mask for blemishes so I was really disappointed when I realised because it was quite costly. This mask was a bit of a let down. It also dried up when there was at least three uses left which is pretty disappointing.
Would I repurchase it? Nope. Not worth the price tag, in my opinion. 

Alpha H Liquid Gold 
This is a chemical exfoliant that I'll occasionally apply after cleansing and toning. I normally do this on lazy days because it works best when nothing is applied over the top of it. I'm not sure if it's the wonder product people say it is but it's nice and I think it does a great job.
Would I repurchase it? I have a back up in my skincare drawer

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
This is another product that I actually finishes ages ago but kept on my bathroom counter for some reason. Oops! I really like to use this before my cleanser because it does a great job of opening the pores but I haven't used it for a while. I have a full review of this here.
Would I repurchase this? It's not a skincare product I use daily and but I definitely would. In fact, I think I have a back up in my drawer from when I bought a two pack online.  

Dusk Berry Christmas Candle
I bought a few of these candles last year at Christmas and I really love them! It's a warm berry scent that's just so cosy, even in the warmer weather. 
Would I repurchase? I still have a back up in my candle drawer

LUSH Mint Julips Peppermint and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub
This lip scrub is nice but I'm throwing it out. I rarely use it and, much like my Glam Glow mask, it's dried up!
Would I repurchase it? Probably not. I just don't use it enough.
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
This mascara is one of the only mascaras that I can freely use on my bottom lashes without the product rubbing on my under eye area and transferring. I have a full review of it here
Would I repurchase? Sure would! I have a few mascaras that don't transfer though so I won't repurchase it straight away 

 Too Faced Primed and Poreless Loose Powder 
Until I found the Benefit The POREfessional Shine Vanishing Pro Powder*, this was my favourite setting powder. At the name suggests, it diminishes the look of pores and makes your face look beautiful.
Would I repurchase it? Definitely.

Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm
This is the second pot of this that I have used up and I seriously love it. It's not plumping (which I don't mind at all as I hate plumping lip products) but it definitely is smoothing and it's super hydrating! It has a high price tag, sure, but I recommend it to everyone. I have a full review of it here
Would I repurchase this? I have four back ups (I buy them online as it's substantially cheaper) so I'll definitely be opening a new one 

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara 
I seriously love this mascara. I have a full review here if you want to see more, but I just really like the way it looks my lashes look. 
Would I repurchase it? Yes! It's not an everyday mascara because it's not cheap but I'd definitely buy it once or twice a year as a treat.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara 
This mascara gives the effect of volumised lashes that are really enhanced in length. It separates them quite a bit which doesn't always make them look as full as they are but I really like the way it makes them look!
Would I repurchase it? I have another deluxe size sample and a full sized one in my back ups!

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
I set myself the task of finishing this as part of my Beauty Diet and, by the end, I fell in love with it. It's the warm toned baby pink colour that I really gravitate towards and I forgot how comfortable lip butters were!
Would I repurchase this? Well.. I used it up to, well, use it up but now that I miss it I'd definitely consider it 

 I am throwing these face products away. They are quite old and I don't think it'd be a good idea to share them with anyone else.

These products have all been added to my 'share' box. Yes, it's getting very full. I am not encouraging every visitor, male and female, to take a look at it. It's time to share the beauty love. These products aren't bad by any means and, as you can see, a lot are unused. I honestly just know I will not use them so it's better they go to a good home. 

And that's it. Let me tell you, I am so glad to be putting all this either in the bin or the share box. It's been sitting in two paper shopping bags on the end of my bed. This month I finished 5 make up products (actually 6 but I forgot to photograph one so I'll include it next month) which mean I can add three more products to my Beauty Diet list. I also culled an adiditonal 16, products (bin and share products included) meaning I can add another 3 to the list. All up, this brings my total to 15. Yes, 15. This girl can definitely go shopping now!

Let me know what you think of these products if you've tried them! 

1 comment :

Tiny Hand With Heart