home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

September 14, 2014

NEW RELEASE // Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream* (New Shades)

I'm a little on the fence about the Australis Velourlips, if I'm honest. I've heard such fantastic things about them (I also own a few of the original shades) but I was never too fond of them and I think that's partially because the colours I own aren't very 'Sophie', if that makes sense. Anyway, I had to quickly pop on today to let you all know that they've released five new, much more wearable shades!

I won't be reviewing this product today because I want to play with them a little more before giving my opinion, but keep ready for swatches of these new shades!

Mil-A-No | Hon-O-Loo-Loo | Ho-Chee-Min | Lun-Dun | Mi-A-Mee

Milano* is a peachy/beige shade that could easily look a bit deathly on the lips if applied too thick. Hon-O-Loo-Loo* is a cool toned dusty pink. Ho-Cee-Min* is a pale cool toned yellow pink that's super beautiful. Lun Dun* is probably my favourite shade and I'd describe is as a cool toned lilac pink. Mi-A-Mee*, the last of the new shades, is a watermelon bright coral pink.

Those are all five of the new shades and, so far, I'm loving the colours. As I say, I'm still on the fence about the formula but I'll definitely report back about that in the following weeks. 

The Australis Velourlips retail for $9.95 each. These new shades are available now in store at Priceline and Big W and they will be on Australis' online store by the end of the month.


What do you think of these shades? Have you tried the Australis Velourlips? 
Let me know! 


*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review


Want to help me celebrate my third blogiversary? Click here 

6 comments :

  1. Ohh Ho-Cee-Min is such a cute colour! :3

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho-Chee-Min and Lun-Dun are so pretty! I think i'll be giving these a miss though, as i'm not a fan of the Velourlips formula. Too drying/flakey for me. ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lun Dun is definitely a current favourite. I love cool toned purple/pinke at the moment. I know what you mean about the formula - I'm still decoding what my favourite way to apply it is. X

      Delete
  3. The names are so cute haha! I'm not tooo big on matte lip cream-like products but the shades look nice. I especially like Ho Chee Min!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The names bug me a bit. Spell the cities correctly, dammit! I'm not a huge matte lip girl so they've been a struggle to work with but the colours make me want to keep trying! X

      Delete

Tiny Hand With Heart