home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

June 21, 2014

HUGE COLLECTIVE MAC Haul ft. Alluring Aquatics, Osbournes and more!

MAC have been on fire lately. Their latest collections (namely Alluring Aquatics and their collaborations with The Osbourne ladies and Lorde) have completely captivated me and I've picked up a lot of really amazing products. I have a very, very big haul to show you today. I've collected these products over about a month, with everything being purchased before I started The Beauty Diet

Grab a cup of tea, maybe even a snack or two, and get comfortable 'cos this haul is a big'n.
I wasn't going to get anything from the Alluring Aquatics collection. The packaging didn't really do that much for me and I didn't really look at the products available. When the products were released however, and I saw the bronzers on offer I knew I had to have a couple, if not all of them. I picked up two, Bronzing Powder in Golden and the Extra Dimensional Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell. I absolutely love every MAC lipstick in my collection so I decided to add to it, buying Coral Bliss and Pink Plaid. Coral Bliss is a light coral shade that's absolutely beautiful and Pink Plaid is a mid toned blue pink shade. I didn't know if I'd like Pink Plaid, purely because of its matte finish, but I do! Finally for this order I grabbed a few brow products. I bought the Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Dirty Blonde because my Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade is just a little too dark and, to go with it, I grabbed the 208 Angled Brow Brush

MAC Alluring Aquatics Bronzing Powder in Golden | MAC Alluring Aquatics Extra Dimensional Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell | MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Coral Bliss | MAC Matte Lipstick in Pink Plaid | MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Dirty Blonde

All of these products were bought from the MAC Australia website.


I had been anticipating the release of the Osbournes collection for quite some time so when it was finally available on the US website I went nuts. Sharon Osbourne's collection packaging was red, much like her firey red locks, with a purple signature. In contrast, Kelly Osbourne packaging is a lilac purple, just like her hair, with a red signature. I really love how bright and lively it is. 

Anyway, onto the products I got. I picked up Kelly's eyeshadow quad, Bloody Brilliant, which is a selection of purple, plum and brown shades which would compliment her lilac hair so nicely. I also bought Sharon's eyeshadow quad, Duchess. Duchess is a selection of four eyeshadows in golden bronze and reddish browns tones. For the lips I picked up two products, In Synch Lip Pencil from Kelly's range and a PatentPolish Pencil in PatentPink from Sharon. In Synch is a pale pink lip pencil that I've loved forever, however when I picked it up it was limited edition. I bought two to stock up, though I've since found out that it's a permanent product. Oops! PatentPink is a wash out cool toned pink which is quite sheer and very wearable. I also bought two of Kelly's powder face products, the Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Jolly Good and a Powder Blush in Cheeky Bugger. Jolly Good has a cool beige side which is great for adding colour to the perimeters of the face, as well as a soft pale pink highlight. Cheeky Bugger is soft pink colour. 

Finally, to fill my 15 Pan Pro Eyeshadow Palette I picked up Soft Brown, a matte golden brown.
MAC Duchess Eyeshadow Quad | MAC PatentPolish Pencil in PatentPink | MAC In Synch Lip Pencil | MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow 
MAC Bloody Brilliant Eyeshadow Quad | MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Jolly Good (both colours swatched individually) | MAC Powder Blush in Cheeky Bugger


My final MAC order was placed to buy Lorde's lipstick as part of her collaboration with MAC, Pure Heroine, which is a deep plum shade. I've shown that I'm a sucker for MAC lipsticks in this post so it's probably no surprise that I also bought Speed Dial, a light cool toned pink. I've been after an effective yet light moisturiser to use at night so I bought their Lightful Marine Bright Formula Moisture Creme which I really hope is exactly what I've been looking for. MAC's Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose is a product that I'm constantly reaching for so I decided to pick up another colour, Light Boost. This is a yellow toned corrector which I think will be great to brighten the under eye area. Finally I bought a mini bottle of MAC's Fix + so I could throw it in my bag. I really like that product and I have a full review here
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Speed Dial | MAC Amplified Lipstick in Pure Heroine | MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost 

All of these products were bought from the MAC US website and shipped to me using Hop Shop Go. For my review and information on using Hop Shop Go as a parcel forwarding service, click here.

aaaaand that's everything. I really love everything I've picked up and I've not found a disappointing product in the selection yet! It's a lot, I know but I have no idea when I'll be buying MAC again. Let's be honest though, I don't think I'll be needing to any time soon.


What do you think of the products I've picked up? Have you tried any of them? Is there anything you'd like to see reviewed or used in a Face of the Day post? Let me know!  

7 comments :

  1. Awesome haul post!!! I didn't get anything from the Osbourne collection but your picks look lovely. I also own speed dial and it's a really pretty pink colour. Good thing you jave this big haul to keep you company during your beauty diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing haul, I'm so jealous! I've never really tried or heard much of MAC's skincare line, would be interested in hearing how you go with the moisturiser! Lorde's lipstick looks stunning, very tempted to pick it up.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I love everything you bought! Of course I decide this after everything is sold out, and no way can I afford to pay Australian prices when it comes out here! I can't believe the lipsticks are almost the same price in AUD as the eyeshadow quads are in USD. I don't want to think about how much the quads will be here, even though I love the Kelly one! I love Pure Heroine too, I've been mad about purple lips lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh gorgeous! I love the Osbourne collection packaging. Amazing haul! I'm broke atm so no MAC for me!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! I love Coral Bliss, it's such a pretty colour ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing haul! You've really intrigued me about hop shop go. I currently use shipito but I might look into that one :)
    www.kateflowermaquillage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart