home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

May 15, 2014

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 Review

Hourglass' Veil Mineral Primer is incredibly hyped about in the beauty community at the moment. Almost everyone who tries it absolutely raves about it and, whilst I'm often quite disappointed by overly hyped beauty products, this is one I just had to jump on the bandwagon of and try for myself. I wasn't too fond of shelling out $79.00 for 30mL of product so when Mecca Cosmetica began stocking the 10mL travel sized for $25.00 (do the maths - it's actually cheaper to buy the travel size) I knew I had to pick one up.

The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer has quickly become a staple product in my make up routine. It is a foundation primer which, as stated on the Mecca Cosmetica website, restores moisture to dehydrated skin. It also has an SPF of 15 and, whilst I don't believe people in Australia should rely on it as their only form of sun protection in their make up routine, it's reassuring to know that it's there. 

Even though it has a satin like finish, it is also quite a matte finish and I find that it minimizes and controls shine incredibly well. It has a silicon smooth feel that fills in pores to create a smooth base for make up application. Think Benefit The POREfessional but, if possible, smoother. Although I have combination to oily skin it is also quite dehydrated so I feel like this is the perfect product for me. It tackles two great skincare concerns, shine and dehydration, to perform as an incredible base for my foundation. The great oil control in this product means that it extends the wear of my foundation really nicely, making it the perfect before work product. 

The product is incredibly thin in texture, meaning a small pump is generally enough to cover my whole face. When too much is applied, things do start to feel a little too smooth so it's important to be paying attention when applying. Other than that, this is an absolutely beautiful product that I would recommend to anyone, regardless of their skin type. I can't see it not working for you!

As I said, the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is not cheap, ringing in at $25.00 for the 10mL bottle (as shown in these photos) or $79.00 for the 30mL. In contrast, 60mL is $72.00 at Sephora in America so, once again, I feel like we're being ripped off. Either way, I highly recommend this product and I don't think $25.00 is too much of an outlay for such a beautiful product.


Have you tried the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer? What did you think of it? What's your favourite Hourglass product? 

4 comments :

  1. I bought this a week ago and have only used it twice but I have so much love for this product already. I have quite oily skin and although after 10-13 hour days (without touch ups!) I am oily after using it I am no where near as oily as I normally would be, and my foundation still looks really good. So far I have a lot of love for this one but I'm curious to try it out a bit more.

    Angelique. - www.eroswrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review, like you said $79 is quite pricey so I've been a bit hesitant to fork out that much money for something that might not work for my skin. I also have quite oily but dehydrated skin and it's great to hear that this actually works! I might try out the smaller size like you have or just wait for my trip to America at the end of the year!

    Chantalle xx
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic. $25 is not too bad to try a small size :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I agree, almost all bloggers who’ve tried Hourglass products raved about the brand.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart