home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

October 08, 2013

MAC Cleanse Off Oil Review

For the past few months I've been using, and loving, MAC's Cleanse Off Oil. This oil based make up remover is perfect for removing all the grit and grime of a hard days work (and, truth be told, it works just as well after a hard of shopping) and leaves the skin ready for a good cleanse. 
For more about this cleanser, keep reading.

To use the MAC Cleanse Off Oil I pump a little into my hands (one pump on a normal day and two on a hardcore make up day) and massage it onto my face. I focus a lot of the product onto my eyes, especially if I haven't used an eye make up remover like the Maybelline Total Clean Express Eye & Lip Make Up Remover, to ensure that everything's removed. As I massage the product into my face I can see my make up begin to loosen and dissolve. I'll then add a small amount of water and massage that in also, watching the product emulsify and become quite creamy in texture. When I'm satisfied that everything's been removed I wash the MAC Cleansing Oil Off and ta da - I'm make up free!

One of my favourite things about this product is that it's an effective make up remover and it's not wipes. I know I have almost 100 MAC Face Wipes siting in my room and yeah, they're good, but they're just not as good as an actual cleanser! Face wipes never really impress me, to be honest. I also love the fact that this doesn't leave any oily residue on my skin. A huge bonus for Mrs-Oily-Skin over here. 

According to the MAC Cosmetics website, the MAC Cleanse Off Oil is formulated with the oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed. It's also reassuring to know that this cleansing oil is 100% mineral oil free. I can't guarantee that the MAC Cleanse Off Oil removes 100% of my make up but I know that not much comes off when I tone after using this product!

Given that I have oily skin and it's no problem for me, I recommend the MAC Cleanse Off Oil to anyone who's looking for a good make up remover. I feel like it's a very universal product that would work well for almost everyone. The MAC Cleanse Off Oil retails for $37.00 in Australia and it lasts a very long time; I'm still using the say bottle I bought in May!

I have another bottle of this as back up but, after that, I might give something else a try. What's your favourite make up remover, oil or otherwise? 

Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Have you got a request for a post? Click here.
Got a question for me? Click here.
Like what you're reading? Follow me.

5 comments :

  1. It sounds really good :)

    http://thebeautybow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good makeup remover but I don't think I could stand the feel of oil on my skin - I think I will stick with my trusty bioderma :) x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd feel the same, Heather, but I gave it a shot anyway and I love it. I can't use Bioderma as it breaks me out majorly but hey, use what works for you! X

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to review this for so long! You beat me to it heehee. This is my one and only MAC product and I love it and I have super oily skin too!! I'm also finished the bottle and went to buy another one but I came across The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil and it's just as good!

    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart