home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

July 30, 2012

June/July Empties, 2012

Two months ago I uploaded my first monthly empties post (click here to read my May Empties post) to accompany my monthly favourites. For the month of June, however, I found that I didn't use up many products so i decided to combine my June and July empties posts. Let's get into it!
First up, I used up two packets of Swisspers Make-Up Pads. I use at least two of these pads a day for toning (one for morning and one for night), as well as for make up removal and nail polish remover. I've also found packs of four of these pads for approximately $8.00 at Big W, making them a lot cheaper than I've found elsewhere.
I've also used up -
  • 2 x Dove Pink deodorant - I really like this deodorant. It works well for me and I like knowing that my purchase could be helping the National Breast Cancer Foundation. As I mentioned in my Buy Pink and Be Breast Aware post, Dove has been a partner of the NBCF for 6 years and, in that time, have donated over $700 000 to the foundation.
  • Soap and Glory Hand Food - This is by far my all time favourite hand cream. It's absolutely beautiful. For a full review of this product, click here. Since uploading the review, the price has decreased at Kit Cosmetics, meaning I was able to repurchase a 125mL tube for $11.95. 
  • Toni and Guy Refreshing Dry Shampoo - I have had this dry shampoo for quite a while now so I decided it was finally time to use it up. For me, dry shampoos are very much the same but, for what it's worth, I like it. At the moment I'm using up a De Lorenzo one.

  • Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara - If you've been following my blog for a while now you'll know this is my all time favourite mascara. For a full review, click here. Unfortunately this mascara has been discontinued, however I stocked up before they were taken off the shelf so I was able to take another one out of my 'stock'. 
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in black/brown - I absolutely love this product. It sounds like a gimic, I know, but the results it provides are amazing. For a full review, click here. I have repurchased this product in black.
  • Maybelline Baby Lips Anti-Oxidant Berry - This is one of my favourite lip balms of all time. This is the fourth or fifth tube of this lip balm (at least) and I'm already half way through my replacement. 

  • Forever Youth Liberator Eye Cream 3mL sample - Although I don't know too much about eye creams, I quite liked this one. I'm not sure how much it retails for in Aus., but I think it's much more than I can afford so I recently bought a tub of Khiels' Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. If you've tried this eye cream, please comment below and let me know what you think.
  • LUSH Vanishing Cream, Ocean Salt and Aqua Marina - These three products are all a part of my everyday skincare routine and I'm a big fan of them all. For a full overview of my skincare routine, as well as how I use each product, click here. Aqua Marina and Ocean Salt were repurchased, however I replaced Vanishing Cream with LUSH's Gorgeous Facial Moisturiser. 
So, that was everything I used up this month! I'd love to know what you used up, as well as what you think of any of the products I've featured. Also, have you tried Khiels' Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado? If so, what did you think?


Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy!

1 comment :

  1. Hi Sophie- I just used up my Nivea-young- control shine moisturiser and went straight down and bought a new one- its in a different coloured tube now- I really like this to wear under my foundation, as it's not oily and stops your foundation from disapearing. My night creame at the moment is olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream- I bought this on special and it came with a cleanser- I haven't used yet.
    My all time favourite product is Nutrimetics wet & dry foundation- they call it something else now. I use it as a powder over my foundation- but you can use it just as a foundation- xx

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart