home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

May 14, 2012

Lust Have It! May, 2012

Today my May Lust Have It! pack arrived and, wow, it's incredible. Given the mix up with delivery last month, I'm super impressed with how quickly this box came. It's two weeks into May and I already have my May box. Score.

Not only did Lust Have It! get these boxes out in record time, but there was eight, yes eight, products in it. The information card states that the extras are to make up for the lost packages (mine included) and for 'bearing with them' through the issues. If you've read my April box post, you'll know I was very impressed with the customer service I received, as someone who's box was lost in the shipping process, but this is definitely an added bonus.
Firstly, as I'm sure you can see, this month's bag was hot pink. YAY! I'm really enjoying receiving my products in a bag as opposed to a mailing box, but I did read it wasn't going to be forever. Damn!

I only received this box today, so I'm unable to review the products. Instead, I'll type out the information provided to me so you're able to get some insight into the items. If possible, I'll also include my initial thoughts.

ModelCo Shine Ultra Lip Gloss - RRP $22.00
I received a full sized lip gloss in Sugarplum
 "The coming season's latest shades and textures to keep your lips luscious and on trend this winter."
I really like the look of this lipstick. It's quite sheer, which is a bit unfortunate, but it's a nice colour and it smells amazing. This lip gloss has gold shimmer in it, reminding me of NARS' Orgasm blush.

Evo The Therapist Calming Shampoo - RRP $29.95 for 300mL
I received a 50mL bottle of this product
 "Cult salon product that gently cleanses, repairs and hydrates damaged, dry or frizzy hair. Contains hydrolysed wheat, argania and spinosa kernel oil."
Evo The Therapist Calming Conditioner- RRP $29.95 for 300mL
I received a 50mL bottle of this product
"An intense moisturising conditioner with panthenol that hydrates and smooths, while protecting sun damage hair." 
I'm a big Evo fan. That's probably a bit dramatic given that I've only ever used one other Evo product (a mask that was in the December Lust Have It! box). I'm really looking forward to seeing how these products go.
Bioderma Crealine H20 Makeup Remover - RRP $39.95 for 250mL
I received a 20mL bottle of this product
"For even the most sensitive skin and eyes. Maintains the skin's surface integrity, whilst removing even the heaviest make up."
I've heard a bit about this product on YouTube (some good and some bad) so I'm really looking forward to giving this product a try. It would come in very handy, especially for stubborn eye make up.
Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Perfume - RRP $80.00 f0r 50mL
I received sample bottle of this product (I think it was 3.5mL)
 "A delightfully fruity, floral fragrance with top notes of peach bellini, red berry and bergamot & middle notes of pink lily, jasmine, peony, dry musk, sandalwood and vanilla blossom."
Firstly, I don't know how big my sample is because my mother has already stolen it. I'm not a huge fan of this perfume and, as I'm sure you can tell, my Mum is, so it went to a good home.
LUSH Lust Soap- RRP $6.95 for 100g
I received a fairly big piece of this soap, although I'm not sure of the weight
 "Unashamedly sensual jasmine infused, from Gorilla Perfumers at LUSH."
Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of this smell. As you all know, I'm a BIG LUSH fan so I was really excited when I heard they would be in this month's box, but oh well. We can't like every smell. Other subscribers received Dirty, which I'm a little bit jealous about, but oh well. Stay tuned, you may see this in a giveaway!
Caron Laboratories Bump eRaiser Medi Paste - RRP $22.00
I received a full sized tube of this product
 "A practical essential for everyone's bathroom. Prevents and eliminates ingrown hairs and bumps with tea tree oil and triclosan."
I received a similar, if not the same product, sample at the hair show I recently attended. Not being one that suffers from ingrown hairs often, I may give this to a family member. If not, I'll keep it just in case. 
Nicole by OPI Ultimate Trendsetter's Lacquer - RRP $14.95 for 15mL
I received a 3.75mL sample of a nail polish in an unknown colour
 "From OPI's fashion forward sister brand, perfect polishes in this season's hottest colours"
Although I don't wear bright nails often, I quite like this colour. I'm unable to tell you what it is, but please forgive me. I will definitely be wearing this nail polish to football games - Can you guess who I support?

Anyway, ladies, that was my box for this month. The box also contained a lovely card for Mother's Day but, given I'm not a mother, I've decided not to feature it.

To all you ladies that were subscribed to GlossyBox, don't be alarmed when your box is different to mine. GlossyBox already had some stock prepared for this month's box, so Lust Have It! have taken it on. I can't wait to see what you guys got.

What do you guys think of the contents of the box? Once again, what do you think of the two beauty boxes merging? Do you think it will result in amazing boxes? I'd love to know! Also, did your products vary slightly? What nail polish, lip gloss and/or soap did you get?

Don't forget to enter the 30 000 views giveaway!

Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Don't know which beauty box to subscribe to? Click here for my reviews. 
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart