home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

April 20, 2012

March/April Collective Haul

I've done a little bit of shopping lately (I know, I know - what a surprise) and I haven't wanted to upload a hauls when there's just one time, so I waited.

Anyway, here's some stuff that I've accumulated over the past month or so (to be honest, I can't exactly remember).

My JewelMint earrings
Before I get into what I bought, I want to tell you a bit about the company - JewelMint is an online jewelry subscription store/service. You take a style quiz and the site then present you with a selection of jewelry pieces that are suited to you and your 'style'. A JewelMint subscriber pays $30.00 a month and chooses one piece of jewelry to be shipped to them. A subscriber can select any item they wish, not just the ones recommended to them, and can also skip a month if none of the items appeal to them. At present, unfortunately, this service is only available in America at the moment.

For some reason, I recently went on the JewelMint website, something I never do, and of course I fell in love with a pair of earrings, the Rachel Rose Earrings. As I said, JewelMint isn't available in Australia yet so I had to buy them on eBay. Luckily enough I found a pair and, after a couple of days of hardcore bidding, the earrings were mine.
"Originally curated by actress Rachel Bilson, these gold-plated earrings instantly dress up any look. The popular 1 1/4" pair features beautiful multifaceted blush coloured stones. Slip them on to fill your days with beauty and your nights with sparkle." 
The earrings arrived in a great box, along with a card with the above information on it. The earrings were bigger than I expected but I loved them. The thing was, a stone fell out the first time I wore them. Sadface.

The inconsistency with the information, as well as the fact that they broke in record time, has me questioning the authenticity of the earrings. They're on their way back to the seller at the moment and I'm expecting a refund. Such a shame for a piece of jewelry I loved.
If you've seen my perfume collection post you'll know that I've been planning on buying Taylor Swift's fragrance, Wonderstruck, since I received some samples of it (as featured in my mini haul #2) and fell in love. I managed to get this perfume on sale for $79, as opposed to $89, and when 50mL is $69, I couldn't resist paying $10 more for double.

I know you've probably seen this in my recent shopping haul, but I just love the perfume and I wanted to tell you all again. 

I also recently bought 100mL of Princess by Vera Wang off OzSale, but I don't have a photo of that.
I've heard a lot about BB creams, namely ones by Skin79 so I decided to give in an get one, the Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh balm Triple Function (Hot Pink)Arose186 and MissGlamorazzi have both featured this product in videos so I figured it was worth investing in. I only bought the small size, as I wasn't sure if I'd like it, and it arrived this week. It also came with two sachets of a Skin79 BB cleanser.

I can't decide whether I love or hate this product at the moment but, as soon as I do, you will all be the first to know.
Last but not least, my Aunty and Uncle picked me up a 'little gift' on their recent trip to America. I've been lusting after this necklace in ages so I asked my Aunty to pick it up for me while she was away because it's sold for cheaper than it is in Aus. I'm really thankful, however, because she recently got home and wouldn't let me give her money for it. Hello, early birthday present! This necklace is simple enough to be worn everyday, whilst staying beautiful, and I've worn it everyday since I got it.


I can't be certain, but I think that's everything I've bought recently. If you've bought anything recently, I'd love to know about it.

Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Don't know which beauty box to subscribe to? Click here for my reviews. 
To see how I cover my blemishes and pigmentation, click here.
Like what you're reading? Follow me.

2 comments :

  1. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Skin 79 BB cream. I've only tried the Missha but I do like it. Especially for winter as it is quite moisturising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be authentic Jewelmint jewellery, as I doubt there would be counterfeit jewellery.

    The jewellery they post always looks so cheap and I wonder if it's just stuff that you can get from China for 99c. The quality looks like Diva/Equip, but the price is more like something down the cheaper/non-designer end of Myer.

    If you want some statement/unique pieces of jewellery, check out eBay as I have found some unique pieces from China/Hong Kong for only a couple of dollars. You could probably find something similiar to those earrings.

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart