home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

April 22, 2012

LUSH Cosmetics Haul Round Two!

Today I was super naughty and went back into LUSH. I mentioned in my latest skin challenge post that I was heading back but this time I didn't show you guys my shopping list. Why? Because you'd know if I bought extra stuff. Sneaky, I know! 

I got everything I planned to get, plus a couple of other things, but it's okay because some of the extra stuff wasn't for me. That doesn't count!

Once again, I was lucky enough to have a fantastic LUSH lady (help me think of a cool name for the people that work at LUSH!) help me out and recommend a couple of products for me. She even help me with a dilemma I had. What a lady.

I bought the following products
  • Cosmetic Warrior face mask
  • 9 to 5 Orchid Oil Cleansing Lotion
  • Aqua Marina cleanser
  • Ocean Salt facial scrub
  • Full of Grace serum
  • A Million Kisses lip balm
  • Out of this World gift pack
  • Blooming Beautiful gift pack
  • Gorgeous moisturiser sample
I'll include photos of all the products I bought and explain them a little more below. Unlike my last LUSH haul, I didn't give you guys an overview of these products in the shopping list before hand, so I'm going to add that below too.


Also, please be aware that I've run out of my Fresh Farmacy cleanser and Cupcake fresh face mask, as featured in my last LUSH haul.
I bought two products to cleanse my face with because, well, one is never enough. 
"AQUA MARINA: Aqua Marina is a calming, effective cleanser and a joy to use. Smooth is on, rinse it off and your face feels smooth, smells sweet and looks brighter. It has calamine and aloe vera to sooth irritated skin."
This product just sounded 'good', to be honest. I have a friend who swears by this, along with the other cleansing product I got, so I figure it's worth giving it a shot. It has a bizarre consistency but I think I'm going to like it. This product was $15.95 for 100g.
"OCEAN SALT: Cleansing lime, coconut and sea salt scrub. Ocean Salt is like taking your face on a trip to the seaside for an invigorating splash in the water, then cleansing and refreshing it with lemon, grapefruit and lime juice. Fresh avocado moisturises and softens the skin, while violet leaf absolute calms and nurtures. Use it on oily skin every day and use it to refresh dry skin once a week.{
My friend has this product and loves it so much that she gave me a sample from her own post. That's dedication! Anyway, I absolutely love the smell of this product, as well as the way it makes my skin feel. I won't be using this product everyday to start with, as I want my skin to get used to it, but every second or third day is sounding good to me! I bought 120g of this product for $20.95 but it also comes in a 250g tub for $35.95. 
"FULL OF GRACE: Our Full of Grace serum bar is made with concentrated blend of moisturising murumuru and cupuacu butters to hydrate skin, and rose oil to relieve irritations. We've also used portobello mushrooms for their plentiful vitamins and antioxidant property."
A friend of mine swears by this product. She applies it at night, after cleansing, and says it's totally transformed the feeling of her skin. Anyway, I'm a sucker for a recommendation (as you all can probably tell) and now this bad boy's mine. It was also recommended that I apply this product before a face mask because it aids in the absorption. This serum bar was $14.95 and it's 95g.
"COSMETIC WARRIOR: Antiseptic fresh garlic and tea tree essntial oil, reinforced with deeply cleansing kaolin and fresh grapes are aided by softening honey and free range eggs."
This smells strong. Very strong! I wanted to try a different face mask and this one was the most appealing. Like all face masks, this product was $15.95 for a 75g tub.
"9 TO 5: Orchids and everlasting flower soothe and clean the skin thoroughly with a mild antibacterial action, and almond smoothes the skin. It's great for taking off stubborn make-up and gives a fresh feeling after use."
As I mentioned in my Seven Deadly Sins TAG post, I am terrible when it comes removing my make up and I normally just cleanse it off, rather than using an actual make up remover. The application of this one is so easy (no water is required) so now there's no excuse! This product was $7.95 for 95g but you can also buy 240g for $15.95.
I was lucky enough to score a sample of Gorgeous moisturiser. This moisturiser is $99.00 so I have my reservations about trying it. It's basically $100.00. WHAT IF I LIKE IT?!
"A MILLION KISSES: Our red apple, cinnamon and white chocolate flavour is delicious. It's a perfect blend of spice and sweetness, and it makes you think of candy apples."
This was a sucker purchase. The 'LUSH lady' recommended I try this and I fell in love. Earlier in the day I had tried to buy a Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple but there was none left so I figured it was a great substitute! 

I'm a little bit of a sucker. My two little cousins (both girls, aged 7 and 9) are staying at my house at the moment so I wanted to get them a little something each while I was out. Initially I was going to get them a ballistic each, then it was a ballistic and a bubble bar. The thing is, when I got in store and was smelling everything, I COULDN'T DECIDE. After asking the 'LUSH lady' what little girls would like a couple of times, she saved the day and recommend gift packs, and idea I quickly jumped on. They were both very well priced and, with one girl loving pink and the other loving purple, they were the best option for me!


The Blooming Beautiful box contained a Think Pink Bath Ballistic and Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar.
The Out of this World box contained a Space Girl Bath Ballistic and Rock Star Soap (in the star of a star, might I add!).


Both girls have already used their bath ballistics and absolutely loved them. A great little purchase.




From now on, my skin routine will be as follows 
  • Removing make up at night with 9 to 5
  • Cleansing twice a day with Aqua Marina
  • Exfoliating my face with Ocean Salt once every three days (possibly more, we'll see)
  • Using Cosmetic Warrior face mask every second day
  • Toning my face with after every cleanse with Tea Tree Water
  • Moisturising with Vanishing Cream or my Gorgeous moisturiser sample
Just like before, I'll be documenting how my skin is going whilst using only LUSH products so please stay tuned. To see how my skin is going after using LUSH products for three weeks, click here

Anyway, I hope you made it through this ridiculously long haul post. If you made it to the end, good work! I'll probably head back into LUSH in the city again next week (the girls loved their treat so much I'm thinking of getting them one of the the kids ballistics each) so don't forget to recommend, comment or anything else that you think might be nice! 

**All product information was taken from LUSH's Australian site.



Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Don't know which beauty box to subscribe to? Click here for my reviews. 
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart