home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

March 26, 2012

Glossy Box March, 2012

March's GlossyBox arrived today. Of course, it had to arrive while I had my LUSH Cupcake face mask on but hey, I ran the risk.
Sorry, it's a terrible photo
This box is geared towards a healthy, on the go lifestyle and contains a number of products that are active lifestyle appropriate. The information card lists 18 products, whilst my box contained 5, so it's pretty obvious that there's been a lot of diversity with boxes this month. So of the other products appeal to me a little more but, hey, that can't be helped.


Unfortunately the information card hasn't listed the recommended retail price of the items in the box so I'll have to do some hunting online. Wish me luck! 

I only received this box today, so I'm unable to review the products. Instead, I'll type out the information provided to me so you're able to get some insight into the items. If possible, I'll also include my initial thoughts.
 Nougat London Fig and Pink Cedar Nurturing Hand Cream - RRP £7.00 for 5omL or £15.00 for 200mL
I received a mini hand cream. It doesn't have a measurement on it, but I'm thinking it's about 5mL.
"A rich cream that your skin will be happy to soak up. Try it out for soft hands and strengthened nails."
For some reason, I've never been a hand cream person. In saying that, however, I like the concept of them and I need to be more committed to my hands and nails. This is the perfect size for my handbag so I might 'chuck' it in there and keep it close by.

 Proactiv Cleansing Body Bar - RRP $20.95 for 150g
I received a full sized body bar.
"Now you can easily use a soap bar to gently exfoliate, fight body breakouts and give your skin a deep clean."
I'm not sure when I'll get around to using this as I just spent up big at LUSH (click here to see my haul) but it sure will come in handy. There's never enough soap, right?

 Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream- RRP $37.00 for 50mL
I received a 10mL tube of this cleanser.
"Get a clean and moisturised complexion from this cleanser made of organic ingredients including an almond base."
Once again, I've committed myself to a completely LUSH skincare routine (click here to see) but I'll definitely keep this product 'on hand' for travelling, trying and/or those times when I run out of other products. I really like the concept of the cleanser though, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try eventually.
 Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water - RRP $9.95 for 50mL,$17.95 for 150mL or $22.95 for 300mL
I received the 50mL size of this product.
"Avene's acclaimed Thermal Spring Water, found in this product, proves remarkable at hydrating and refreshing."
I've heard a lot about Evian's water spray and how refreshing it is, so I'm hoping this product will be the same. If not, I'm sure I can use it for wet to try shadows.
 KMS California Free Shape Hot Flex Spray - Unable to find a price
I received a 30mL spray bottle of this product.
"Expect your hair to feel soft, silky and with less breakage because this formula protects form heat and styling stressors."
When trying to find the price of this product, I came across the KMS California website and I really like the sound of this product. My hair is wavy (sometimes curly) so it sounds like it will provide me with a little bit of hold, which really appeals to me. I can't wait to give this product a try.
My box also came with a pink power balancing bracelet. I have very small wrists, and this product doesn't appeal to me, so I've given it to my Mum to put in her 'prize box' at work (she is a primary school teacher).

My GlossyBox information card also had a 15% off code for www.pandapen.com.au. I'm not sure whether I'll take the opportunity to use the code, but it's nice to know it's there!


So that was my March Glossy Box. As I said, there was a large variety of products this month, so  I know other people got different things. I'll definitely be checking out some other reviews to see what they thought of their boxes. As always, I wish there were some cosmetics in the box but, if I had my way, that's all they'd be! 

Do you like the sound of GlossyBox? Stay tuned! I have something super exciting to share with you all. Hopefully it will be uploaded tomorrow, but keep checking here!


Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Don't know which beauty box to subscribe to? Click here for my reviews. 
Like what you're reading? Follow me.

1 comment :

  1. our box is pretty different :) i do not understand the concept of the power bracelet and it not appeal to me either :/

    love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart