home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

January 16, 2012

Mini Sample Haul #2

Firstly, before I get into this actual post, I want to apologise for not uploading as frequently as I normally do. I've been away for the past 10ish days with limited internet, making uploading posts to a blog quite difficult. Anyway, with that being said, let's get into this sample haul. 

Much like my last sample haul, two days ago I went out with one mission, to get my hands on some new samples. 

As mentioned in my NARS Sheer Glow foundation review, I absolutely love this product but found the colour I was matched to didn't quite suit my skintone. Anyway, I went back into the Mecca and was colour matched again (for the third time) to Fiji (described as 'light with yellow undertones'). Unfortunately the store I went to had run out of sample pot lids but she was able to give me two sample sachets of the Sheer Matte foundation in Fiji. Each sachet was 2mL and, to get the most out of it, I poured them both into a sample pot when I got home. I can't wait to try the Sheer Matte foundation so stay tuned for a review!

After I got the foundation sample I went on to Two Faced. After over a year, my Urban Decay Primer Potion has run out and I'm on the hunt for a new one. Of course, I absolutely love my UDPP but I'd love to have foundation primer that's accessible within Australia. I've read that Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance are very comparable so it's time to put it to the test for myself. The lady was fairly generous with her sample and provided me with enough product for a couple of applications. In the meantime I'll be using my MAC Paint Pot

My last trip was to the perfume counter at MYER. I fell in love with Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck perfume the moment I saw it. I like the smell, yes, but I can't decide whether it was the bottle that I fell in love with or the actual perfume. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd see if they had any samples of the perfume that I could try before committing to an actual bottle ($69 for 50mL and $89 for 100mL). I asked the lady if they had samples and, before I even knew what was happening, I was attacked with samples. Listed below are the samples I received.
  • 3 x Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
  • Baiser Volé by Cartier
  • Vanitas by Versace 
  • Versus by Versace
  • Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermes
I also received three male fragrance samples (two of an Usher 'man smell' and one Rocawear one) but I met my male best friend later in the day so I gave them to him. 

Anyway ladies, don't be afraid to get out there and ask for samples. Sales assistants are always willing to provide samples of products, especially best sellers. I've found that if you drop phrases like 'Urban Decay Primer Potion' they know you're serious too. Hit the shops, ask the right questions and see what YOU can get in a sample pot!

If you've scored any awesome samples recently (or know of any tips/tricks), please comment below. 

Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Don't forget about the Simga 10% off sale that ends January 31. Click here for the promotional code. 

4 comments :

  1. I managed to score 4 samples the other day! Painterly Paint Pot by MAC, Stila primer, Nars primer and nars eye primer! I have only used the Stila primer but so far I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear what you think of everything, Amy. I'm a sucker for new products!

      Delete
  2. Kit cosmetics were too happy to give me generous samples of shadow insurance and their Primed & Poreless primer the other week. Went back 2 days later and bought the Shadow Insurance as I was so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try and get a sample of the Primed & Poreless foundation ASAP. I think I'm in need of a new primer. I LOVE mine (review coming soon) but I'm so jealous of those people whose make up looks fresh all day long.

      Delete

Tiny Hand With Heart