home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

November 17, 2011

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

November 17, 2011 | , , , , , , ,
I've never been one for mascara on my bottom eyelashes. I always find that it looks, well, spidery and ridiculous. No one wants to look like that. I'm sure you all know what I mean. On the days I felt that my eyes needed and extra 'pop' I'd apply mascara to my bottom eyelashes and pinch of the excess, leaving the colour but removing the length. Although this worked, it was a very messy project that left me fingers black.

My opinions of bottom eyelash mascara completely changed when, after watching MeghanRosette using it, I bought the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara in Black/Brown.

I really like this product. The brush head is the perfect size for applying mascara to bottom lashes. It really is. The brush head also works really well to apply product to the upper inner lashes. 

I bought this product in Black/Brown, rather than Black. When purchasing the product, I figured that Black/Brown would work better as I learnt how to use the wand. Although the colour is more brown than black, it's a great colour and works well with black or brown mascara. 
Black/Brown swatch
When using this mascara, be sure to wipe the wand on the tube to remove excess product. It could just be me, but I find that, without wiping, the wand has far too much product on it and the application looks terrible. Wipe the wand, however, and the application is perfection. 

Be sure to apply this product carefully. If this mascara is carelessly applied, it may transfer to the under-eye area. Trust me, once the product is on the under-eye area, it's going to be a mission to get it off. Your best bet is wiping excess off with a cotton bud and attempting to conceal it. I had to do that once, when I first bought it.
Top lashes: Two coats of Max Factor Lash Extension Effect in Black
Bottom lashes: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black/Brown
Would I recommend this product? Definitely. I've been using it for about a week and I definitely love it already. I've read that other people have had difficult removing it, but that's been very easy for me too. If you're interested in this product, check it out in Myer or David Jones. You won't regret it.

Always look your best, 
Sophie
x

Follow Born to Buy on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow Born to Buy on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Follow this blog by logging into your Google Account and selecting the 'Follow' icon at the top of this page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart